Join Our Team
We are always looking for self-motivated individuals to join our team. Lucas Oil Speedway is an equal opportunity employer.
Assistant General Manager
To assist the General Manager of Lucas Oil Speedway with the day-to-day operations of the Speedway. Acts as General Manager in his absence. The Assistant General Manager reports to the General Manager to fulfill the duties and responsibilities listed below. This position will work with all members of the Lucas Oil Speedway team and involves weekend and occasional extended weekday hours as needed. Frequent local travel is expected, and occasional out-of-town travel may be required. The General Manager or speedway management may assign additional duties and/or responsibilities.
Goals and Objectives:
Provides leadership, direction and guidance to all employees of the Lucas Oil Speedway in according to standards set forth by Lucas Oil.
- To set good example for the staff with regard to punctuality, attendance, attitude and hygiene.
- Sets schedules, priorities and events for staff and Speedway as per the direction of the General Manager.
- Oversees all day-to-day work, new and ongoing projects, events, and pre and post-event preparation and cleanup.
- With the General Manager, Assist with Sales and Marketing.
- Maintains a list of, and prepares, conducts, facilitates, submits and records all mandated local, state and federal licenses, permits and reports. Prepares and submits spreadsheet listing all requirements, as well as copies of all licenses, permits and reports to the Corporate Regulatory Compliance Director.
- Ensures department managers schedule and complete regular safety training for all employees.
- Performs frequent, unannounced workplace site visits at all departments to ensure that all aspects of Speedway operations meet the high standards set by the General Manager.
- With the General Manager, oversees and participates in the management of all events; ensuring that posted schedules are followed and that all aspects of the event are conducted and completed in accordance with the high standards of the Lucas Oil Speedway.
- Answers inquiries and communicates information to management and supervisory staff relating to a variety of topics; including Company and Speedway policies, work and event schedules, general and special projects, and other work and workplace matters.
- Recommends organizational adjustments to the General Manager to enhance and/or efficiently and effectively accomplish Speedway operations.
- Reviews event schedule, special projects, ongoing projects, facility and equipment maintenance requirements, fixed asset needs, salary and benefits costs, operational fees, and other fiscal requirements and proposals; and prepares a comprehensive annual budget proposal and submits to the General Manager for review.
- Monitors fiscal operations at the Speedway, ensuring that revenues and expenditures match budget projections. Adjusts budget and operations to ensure objectives are met.
- Interacts with all department managers and supervisors to set and follow up on Speedway objectives
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Persuasive communicator with finely tuned relationship management abilities
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to a team environment
- Personnel and Business Management
- Special Event Coordination and Management
- Motorsports Management
- Budget and Finance
- High Energy Level and Ability to Multi-Task
- Strong Verbal and Written Communications Skills.
- 3-5 years of motorsports/facility management and/or relevant experience
- Marketing and Sales experience
- Knowledge of on-site event planning and execution
- Comprehensive computer skills and knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. Acceptance of work hours customary in the field of motorsports/entertainment is necessary.
Diamond Bar Manager
Lucas Oil Speedway is seeking an experienced Bar Manager to manage the staff and operation of our Lucas Oil Speedway Diamond Bar. The Bar Manager supervises the operation of the bar area. Manages all adult beverage matters in the bar area (including ordering, inventory control, scheduling).
Bar Manager is responsible for bar staff planning and development. Maintains a safe environment, and improve bottom line profitability through appropriate revenue management. Ensures guest satisfaction, inspires guest loyalty and ensures responsible alcohol service, through effective shift execution.
The Bar Manager will provide direction, training and coaching to team members while understanding and demonstrating Lucas Oil Speedway standards, policies and procedures, Vision of "A Passion to Serve," and our Mission of focusing on our guests, each other. If you to have at least 2 years of bar management experience with a proven track record of achieving results and building a winning team along with a general knowledge of operational procedures and positions, we want to hear from you!
- Great people skills
- Flexible schedule
- Prior experience is necessary
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Familiar to MICROs POS system
- Maintains appropriate levels of inventory.
- Manages and assists in the ordering of all alcohol and mixers.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all state liquor laws.
- Implements cost control procedures.
- Oversees bar and bar procedures for all events.
- Maintains accuracy and accountability for all check and cash transactions.
- Ensures opening and closing procedures are conducted and that checklists are completed and maintained.
- Ensures cleanliness of the bar area.
- Assists in the scheduling and training of all bartenders.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bar Manager: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
About Lucas Oil Speedway
The Lucas Oil Speedway is considered by Industry Insiders to be one of the top five Race Tracks in the Nation. Located in Wheatland Missouri, about an hour north of Springfield and only about an hour and a half from Kansas City. Referred to by many as "The Diamond of Race Tracks" and it certainly lives up to that title. Twenty one luxury VIP suites, a giant HD Jumbo Tron Screen, Musco Sports lighting, a Bose Stadium sound system, Go Kart Track for all ages, The Diamond Bar, the best track food in the country, and the nicest pits in dirt track racing are just a few of the amenities that set us apart. In 2011 the Inaugural Diamond Drag Boat Nationals made a splash at the Brand New Liquid Quarter Mile, Lake Lucas. Known as the only purpose-built drag boat racing lake in the world, more than 140 drag boats competed in the first ever event.
We host some of the largest dirt track events in the Midwest featuring some of the biggest names in racing including: The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, POWRi Midget National Series, The Lucas Oil Pro-Pulling League, Casey's General Stores USMTS Modifieds, Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series, ASCS Sprint Cars, and The Lucas Oil MLRA.
The Lucas Oil Speedway 2018 season begins April 7 with the Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series opener. An open test and tune is scheduled for March 31.
For ticket information, including season passes for all events, contact Admissions Director Nichole McMillan at (417) 282-5984.
Lucas Oil Speedway is located at Highways 83 and 54 in Wheatland, Missouri. A campground with shower and bathroom facilities is also available. With its entrance located just outside the pit gate this sprawling scenic camping facility will continue to enhance the racing experience at the Diamond of Dirt Tracks.
Click LucasOilSpeedway.com for more information and detailed directions to the speedway or call the Track Hotline at (417) 282-5984.